Here we go.

28 March 2008

Annular Mchombo

This morning's post is a celebration. The boss is away!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm seriously considering a sizable project, redecorating the entire house, with a focus on reusing/repurposing objects to decorate or utilize, functional art , and multi-use/-tasking objects. It's got to be aesthetically pleasing and clever. This project will probably take the rest of my life, but at least my house will be interesting. Challenges include funds (natch) and my complete inability to see the bigger picture. That's why I'd like to give it a go, I want to see how much I can visualize.

The incredible SUN JAR:

Details, as ripped from charlesandmarie.com:

The perfect accessory for those of you who love the sun during the day, is the sun jar. Another great idea by Tobi Wong, one of our favorite designers, this jar stores the sun light. No kidding, it really does…

Have it sit in the sun during the day and see it radiate at night. All made possible by modern technology – some LED's, a solar panel and some ingenious thinking. The kind of thinking Tobi is famous for.
This is a wonderful effect and the sandblasted glass makes it seem as if it truly emits warm sun light. It is a great little idea for an outdoor summer dinner, where you have the jars scattered around the table, or an evening at the beach where they will provide just the right amount of light, or as garden illumination, just position them at strategic points in your garden or rooftop terrace or balcony – they work equally well in either location.

Since John McCain, my idea for a band name, has been completely shot down, we found others with great potential: Eclipse Glasses Banda & Annular Mchombo. We need to get some comments going! Ideas, let's hear them!

I've gone and packed up the transcribing system to take home and (hopefully) work on. $1 a page.

Just got a call from Khyruss (LOL), my hair appointment is @ 3:30. I'm wanting to do something a bit radical, maybe cut a lot of it off. I think it'll look good, especially this time of year.

Tomorrow, we are going to the Rivermarket to join the rally against new coal in Arkansas. Personally, I can't believe this issue is even on the table. There are a lot of issues that shouldn't even be up for discussion, isn't there? Like the Lake Maumelle Watershed -- there is no question that there should be zero development anywhere near, much less ON it.  I'm afraid there's no where to turn to for help on these matters.

Reading about China's crackdown on Tibet, Tibetan protesters & monks have really tugged on my heart strings heavily. What can we do to show meaningful solidarity to the oppressed? We have such a rareness in the current Lama, he is being called a terrorist by the Chinese government. Really? A terrorist? In my head, I'm deep in prayer.

2 comments:

tre said...

"Since John McCain, my idea for a band name, has been completely shot down..."

Ha, I see what you did there.

AMD & KMHD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive